The better the source photo, the better the resulting portrait
A clear and detailed source photo is very important in achieving the best possible drawing or painting, therefore giving the best value for money. Grace may have to ask you to find a more detailed photo or to perhaps take a new photo especially for the portrait. Its understandable that this is not always possible but please feel free to send Grace any photos that you like for advice.
Advice for choosing and/or taking a good photo for the portrait would be:
- natural light, no flash
- a photo taken at eye level
- take the photo as close up as possible…the best option is that the whole head and ears fit into the camera/phone screen. The less that Grace needs to crop the original photo the better.
- as clear and detailed a photo as possible, where the image still retains detail when zoomed in on a couple of times.
- no hands or pet coats/toys/accessories obscuring the face, ears or chest
- screenshots tend to be of low quality so if you can email me the original photo instead.
- please let Grace know if you would like the collar to be included or not
Grace can discuss this further with you and help you choose the best photo for her to work from.
For any Painting orders Grace can come and take the photo herself if you are in the Edinburgh/Innerleithen area.